Old December 20th 12, 03:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Willow Arune[_3_]

Default Bedbugs in Books

There have been growing number of reports of bedbug infestations in library books. Well, I don't think some used book stores or thrifts are in any better position...
What steps have you taken to avoid the problem of bringing home bedbugs with your used book purchases. i suppose the same question arises with any book purchased over the Internet - form ABEbooks or the like.
Is there any step one can take? i thought - given the temp outside is now -15 or so, that leaving any new acquisitions outside for several days might be an answer. Wrap them in a garbage bag and set them out in the cold. Would that work? I suppose in summer the freezer could do that job. Would freezing affect the binding?
Any answers?

Willow