Old August 1st 03, 04:57 PM
Ian

Darren wrote:
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 16:00:15 +0100, Ian
wrote:

What's up Doc?

Nothings up... I just get a little frustrated at playing the bad guy
all the time - but I suppose we're the last bad guys left now...

I was of course making reference to my pal `Bugsy'(the `bad guy')
Bunny........... ;-)

Glaswegians are `Britons' and I can assure you that if the survey was
conducted in that particular 100% British environment (indeed it
probably has less `foreigners' as a percentage of current population at
any given moment of time than London), the results (within a 3% error
margin) would be totally unrecognisable when compared with the original
survey.....now why is that I wonder? :-)

Because David Beckham didn't play for Rangers?

or Celtic. Mind you the state of Scottish football (as expressed in
terms of `Scotland FC') we might endow Beckham as an honorary Scot so he
could perhaps score the occasional goal for us too. However, to quote
Jimmy The Heidbanger from Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow...`Him on oor
banknotes? Ye must be jokin'...He's nae chance!'

...talk about the wealth of nations? You need to refer to a Scot!!

Ah... but wasn't the last Act of Union a result of England wanting to
bail out a bankrupt Scotland? (tongue firmly in cheek of course...)

Isn't Darren a derivative of Darien...a rather ill fated South American
colony of scots, scuppered deliberately by those dastardly (bad) empire
builders from south of the great divide (which I would say is probably
Newcastle these days in political terms) :-)

Mind you I see Robert the Bruce of the Scottish notes... not sure how
well putting the Duke of Cumberland on an English fiver would go
down... But when you're English its not meant to be a problem right?

Now, that would all depend upon which Duke of Cumberland you are talking
about of course.

The one referred to on the famous `Cumberland Jacks' (aka `To Hanover'
tokens) might raise a chuckle on both sides of the border. We do
sometimes have similar sentiments to our English brothers. Methinks that
the current monarchy might take great exception to any Duke of
Cumberland appearing on any legal tender bank note no matter which part
of the realm it is issued.