Old June 8th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
B.J. Herbison

Default I don't trust the Krause web site

Matthew Brealey wrote:
Hmm, shouldn't it all be on numismaster.com in due course? An annual
subscription should cost less than buying the dead tree books (though
I'm not sure it will) Surely the way forward is continuously updated
online content, rather than dead-dinosaur DVDs.

Is strongly disagree with that way forward. If it's all online then:

1) I can't take it to shows. We don't have ubiquitous cheap broadband,
and won't for a long time (if ever).

2) More importantly, we depend on them maintaining their site into the
future. If they have a failure now I have the books (or can purchase a
new one from a store or eBay). If it's only on the web site it could be
gone tomorrow, or they could raise the prices tomorrow.

Those reasons are some the reasons why I wouldn't consider putting my
coin inventory on Numismaster -- there's no way to export the inventory.

(Of course, another reason is they don't respond to feedback. I
submitted several bug reports and suggestions when the site was first
available and never got any response -- I had no idea if they even
received them. I then spent a long time finding and making contact with
someone who said he cared. I forwarded him the e-mail and he never
responded.)

B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / / http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html
The Next Asylum / 203 Long Hill Road / Bolton, MA 01740-1421 / +1 978