Old May 17th 05, 09:27 AM
Bob Hairgrove

On Mon, 16 May 2005 21:51:53 -0400, "Bruce Remick"
wrote:

"stonej" wrote in message
roups.com...
Don't laugh, something from the early days of AOL probably is already
selling on Ebay.

Exactly! Anyone else save their "Pong" or Atari TV computer games, or did you
throw them away?

Bruce

I have one of the original IBM PCs which came with two floppy drives
(no HDD) sitting in my closet gathering dust. I bought it used back in
1989 or so -- couldn't find any programs (except shareware) to buy
which would run on it, though, since everyone had already started
using Windows or some other OS with a graphical user-interface (OS/2
was pretty popular back then).

It had a monochrome screen and a Hercules graphic card as well as a
RAM extension board which boosted the total RAM from 64K (not MBg)
to a whopping 256K! I bought a used 40MB (not GBg) hard drive at a
liquidation sale. Unfortunately, I didn't have any mounting rails to
put it in the 2nd floppy bay, but found that it would fit if I
fastened one side with screws and shored up the other with stiff
cardboard g

It served me well for about 5 years, which seems to be the natural
life of most PC hardware today regardless of OS or brand. It probably
still works, but I put it out to pasture when the HDD wore out and
bought a Windows machine.

--
Bob Hairgrove