Old May 18th 05, 02:54 AM
Vector

On Tue, 17 May 2005 21:21:08 -0400, "Bruce Remick"
said:

Now if we can only hold off PAYING someone to recycle our old computers, how
long will it take for the reversal?

I think nearly all run of the mill PCs of recent vintage are going to
be as collectable as circulated bicentennial quarters. Take something
really extraordinary and, preferably innovative for the time and give
it a quarter century ... you might get half your money back if you
find a collector who wants your unit. I've gone to Dell's web site
and customized a dream computer there ... price was around $15,000.00.
In the year 2030, it might be worth $7,000.00 ($500 in today's
dollars).

No, I didn't buy the $15,000 configuration. Just dreamin'