Old November 14th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
reality

Default Finally, someone excited to get a $2

On Nov 14, 4:02*am, wrote:
Oddly enough, this week after buying lunch I got a Kennedy Half
(1971D) in change for the first time in about 30+ years. *I'm
convinced that the cashier got it with the previous transaction and
couldn't wait to get rid of it.

Probably spent by one of the posters in here who think it's somehow
"cool" to put damn clad Kennedy Halves along with dollar coins into
circulation. The overwhelming majority of cashiers hates dealing with
coins like those, as they are just a nuisance. Like you said, those
coins only end up being given back to the unlucky someone in the very
next transaction, the great majority of whom also hate getting stuck
with an outdated piece of currency that you can't spend in any machine.