Old November 12th 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Duh_Oz

Default Finally, someone excited to get a $2

Some kids came around selling raffle tix. Only had 3 left at $1/each
so I got the last 3 and paid with a $2 and two 50 cent pieces.
Ahhh, the expression on their faces when they saw a $2 bill. One
young 'un told his bud not to fold the bill and if he hung onto it a
long time it may be valuable. Told them it would still probably be
worth $2 but he still handled it gently. Then one asked what the
coins were. What the? Replied they were halve dollars and they
went on their way.

Most stores alas treat them($2's) the same way - put under the drawer
to send back to the bank. Pete's Fresh Foods(a few stores in Chicago)
is one of the few places that seem to hand them out in change. Only
got one, but the ones I spend seem to go above the 20's to hand back
as change when needed. That's the slot it was in when I got mine in
change.

Halves seem to have a better chance of going back into circulation.