Old June 10th 08, 05:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Needed: Ink Recommendations for Sheaffer Nonsense Fountain Pen!

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:24:48 +0000, MatthewK
wrote:

By all means, educate me. I'm not being a smartass...I'm just a
dumbass really.

When we're using the term, "dumbass", we need to define what we mean
by the term, because there are ordinary dumbasses and there are "FPN
dumbasses". FPN dumbasses are dumbasses of a higher order and
magnitude--we're talking exponential--than an ordinary dumbass.

Let's just say that until you type out a post about your plans to put
some ink in the microwave or until you type out a post where you
explain how you've discovered that ink has staining properties--until
you work hard enough to display that kind of stupidity, the kind of
stupidity that is commonplace on FPN, until then, I propose that the
members of the forum do not consider you a dumbass. You haven't yet
earned the title.

I agree with your basic idea, that cheap pens are just as good. Thing
is, I don't have any $2,000 pens around here to compare them with. I
do have a duofold, and I don't know how much that is worth. It has a
gold nib and writes maybe--not really sure--maybe better, a little
better--smoother or something--but like I said, if I were blindfolded,
I don't know that I'd know the difference between that pen and a
Phileas.

Aurora inks make a pen seem much smoother too, about as smooth as
mother****ing silk. And Omas blue ink makes nibs seems scratchy.

I wonder what they put in aurora to make it like that. You know,
there are recipes all over the place for iron gall inks, but as far as
I know, we don't have much of a clue about what Nathan and PR and
Diamine are putting in their inks other than aniline dyes.

I've tried ink jet ink in pens, and it just gushes out and feathers
all over the place.