Old June 10th 08, 04:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Needed: Ink Recommendations for Sheaffer Nonsense Fountain Pen!

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 16:50:22 -0700 (PDT), "titanic cruise? I think
not; much safer on a ruby yacht" wrote:

On Jun 9, 6:08*pm, The Drunken Lord wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:37:07 +0000, MatthewK

wrote:
Gold nibs being better? That is surely personal bias.

I've got one pen with a gold nib and that pen is different--something
about it seems different. *It's a Parker Duofold. *I mean, I don't
think it's all that, but it is different.

But if I had my eyes closed, I don't know for sure I'd know the
different between that and a Waterman Phileas.

Duofold is a nice pen. Is yours one of the modern ones, or a vintage?

Modern, I think, but it's kind of old--about 30 years old, I think.
Maybe that's vintage. I was thinking of vintage as 20s stuff. Yeah,
it's a decent pen somebody gave me.

If you could get the things for $5 each, I'd probably have about 10 of
them.