Old February 2nd 13, 02:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

Default Getting my Dad into gold and Silver

"Jason Leeds" wrote in message ...

My father lost a lot of money in the stock market in 2008, I told him in the
summer of 2008 to get his money out because I think the market might crash.
He laughed at me and told me "why don't you leave those things to people who
know what they're talking about." Recently I talked to him about Gold and
Silver he asked, "Well is it a risk?" I stupidly replied, "Well, I guess
anything is a risk but..." He immediately became turned off and I learned
he invested into "less risky" things like bonds. Oh, great.

He is a great man who has served this country and loves his Lord. I am his
25 year old son, but I don't think I have earned his respect. How can I get
him into Gold and Silver?
-------------

People only lost money in the stock market in 2008 if they sold their
holdings at a loss. Early 2009 was a pretty good time to stay in and take
advantage of a number of low-priced blue chip stocks which since have
performed a lot better than gold or silver. Ford, for example, could have
been bought for about $2 a share. At today's price of $13 a share, 1,000
shares purchased would have outperformed silver, which today is "only" about
double its early 2009 value-- not a bad profit at all, but not the only wise
investment option.

And if you really hope to earn your father's respect (and his estate?),
maybe you shouldn't be airing your unsolicited prejudiced views in a public
forum.