Old October 6th 04, 09:18 AM
Free Citizen

"Urban Fredriksson" wrote in message
In article ,

[snip]

In the south of Sweden spruce can be cut down when it's
60-70 years old. More in the middle and north (90+), a
little less in the far south.

If it's a forest and supposed to remain a forest/fir or
spruce plantation, you basically have to replant as much
as you've cut down.

I wonder if it is all for IKEA.

Hardly. I think paper and pulp is a much larger than wood
and of wood for construction I'm sure houses is a larger
proportion than furniture. Besides, lots of IKEA's
products aren't made in Sweden.

Paper is very cheap in Sweden compared with many other
places.
--
Urban Fredriksson
Favourite pens and inks: http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/writing/

Hi Urban, is it possible there are tree farms in Sweden that you don't know
about? Or did I get Sweden mixed up with some other Scandinavian country.
--
Best regards,
Free Citizen