Old October 5th 04, 02:43 AM
Reuben S. Pitts III

JimL wrote:
Now there's a double solution! Transform those "Christmas" tree
farms into sources for paper! Talk about wasting natures resources,
those "Christmas" trees are chopped down and allowed to dies in three
weeks, then get tossed out. I always hated seeing all those pagan
Druid symbols (evergreen trees) being mistakenly used as a Christian
symbol. I have always refused to have one in my home (except in the
form of fine paper or wooden pencils).

(How's that for a screeching left turn off topic, and then back on in
the last line?)

In the deep South, they came up with a use for those Christmas trees
after the season. Just tie a weight to the bottom and throw it in the
nearest bass pond. It gives great shelter for eggs and hatchlings, so
the cannabilistic ole' largemouth can't eat them. I suppose it would
work in the North, but the culprits are probably pike or some other
sufficiently Northern fish.