Old November 16th 04, 01:18 PM

After replacing those last 5 caps the amp works beautifully. Thanks
for all the good suggestions.

wrote in message om...
I am working on an AY160 for a friend. It has a SHFA4 - A amp. I have
worked on EM pinballs, but this is new to me. I have re-capped the
Tormat and the amp with the exception of 4 or 5 electrolytics in the
amp have have different values than those on the parts list. This
fixed all my selection issues, but the record still produces no sound.
I get a substantial hum from the speakers which goes away when I
disconnect the speaker ground, but still no sound. I have pretty much
exhausted all the troubleshooting protocols - what next? Will
replacing these last few caps likely fix my problem?