Old August 22nd 08, 10:31 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Day to day pen opinions

"Jimmy" wrote in message ...
"Bluesea" wrote in message

"Jimmy" wrote in message ...
What do you like every day as a cheap, good fountain pen......

(skip my quoted text)
I'm still enjoying the Kaweco Sports I got a few months ago in the
various colors. The EDs from Swisher are particularly nice because of the
capacity and visual enjoyment from watching the ink.

FWIW, I found fine nibs at http://www.shopwritersbloc.com/kaweco.html.

I had not even heard of Kaweko - thanks for the link, and I will take a
look at some. BTW, the Sailors hold hardly any ink, with smallish
cartridges and an even smaller converter. (Just carry two!)

Yes, I have a Sailor 1911M. I like it a lot, but I don't consider it a cheap
pen.

The Kaweco EDs from Swisher's hold 2.5 ml. The unmodified Kawecos use only
the short standard international cartridges that hold about .7 ml. So, if
you like a large ink capacity, get an ED while you can because Nathan Tardif
isn't modifying any more and once they're gone, they're gone:

http://www.swisherpens.com/catalog/c...untain-pen.htm

or, http://tinyurl.com/65vj98.

Amused by your 'nym; visualising a massive inkwell.

LOL. I never thought of that.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.