Old August 20th 08, 10:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Matthew[_2_]

Default Day to day pen opinions

On 2008-08-18, Bluesea wrote:

I'm still enjoying the Kaweco Sports I got a few months ago in the various
colors. The EDs from Swisher are particularly nice because of the capacity
and visual enjoyment from watching the ink.

FWIW, I found fine nibs at http://www.shopwritersbloc.com/kaweco.html.

These are great little pens in the ED model from swisher. I
have one filled with some higgins eternal right now. It is a
nice pen/ink combo for me.

I also carry a platinum preppy ED with diamine registrars
ink. It is a nice, but dry, pen/ink combo. Thinking of getting
a new pen for this ink. The o-ring on the converted preppy's
gives me the meebs and I would like something more profesional.
Maybe a pelikan. I was leaning towards a lamy 2000, but I read
some comments that turned me away from that model. It is all
just a pipe dream now

I have carried hero 329's and have had no trouble with them at
all provided they were cleaned properly after inking. I haven't
had a lot of luck with the pilot 78g's, the exception being a
broad nibbed version.

Just bought myself a new "school pen", a new capless. I would
rather have a old one, but I think it will be just fine based
of bluesea's comments to me about the model.

matthew