Old February 17th 11, 10:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Richard L. Hall[_2_]

Default First Spouse

"Beanie" wrote in message ...

"oly" wrote in message
I think when you get down to the nitty-gritty, there are a large

number of U.S. Presidents who aren't truly worthy of the coinage
honor, let alone their wives.

"A large number" is a gross understatement.
Other than Teddy Roosevelt, there wasn't one POTUS in the 20th century
worthy of the honor.

Of course, TR was the first president to advocate a National Health Care
system.

The 19th century had Lincoln, Jefferson, Madison and John Adams - the rest
are forgettable.

Grover Cleveland, 22nd and 24th President of the United States was
interesting, I liked his comment about giving everything to the rich: "He
mocks the people who proposes that the government shall protect the rich and
they, in turn, will care for the laboring poor." To bad we didn't listen to
him. He also inherited, in 1893, one of the worst depressions on record.

Most Presidents have been political hacks, not even worthy of being on a

postage
stamp.

Yeah! But, all of the dead presidents were honored on postage stamps a few
years ago.

--
Richard
http://www.richlh.com