Old April 1st 04, 05:31 PM
Winde Walker

Winde Walker wrote:

Alan & Erin Williams wrote:

It's a certain three-year-old boy's borthday today! Yes, he's been
saddled for life with being an 'April Fool's Day' child, poor tyke.

I have been blasted by the evil Zurg about 45 times already and it's not
even 8AM. ;-)

Anyway, I spent a little time last night after wrapping Buzz Lightyear
in organizing some of the coins in my collection when I had one of those
strange, random, I've-been-up-too-long thoughts. If your collection
was organized from
lowest mintage to highest mintage for each coin, which piece that you
own would be #1?
I have some Barber Quarters, a few 19th century coins, even a 1798 Large
Cent (1,841,745) ;-) but the three 'smallest mintage' coins I own blow
those away. I'll do this as a contest.

Identify these three official US Legal Tender coins by their mintages:

47,955
50,030
57,272

and guess, within $50, what I paid to acquire the three of them. (Public
First correct answer by time-stamp gets as a prize, one of the US coins
that has seen the biggest increase in value since 12/01/03....a 1964
Kennedy Half Dollar, containing .36169 oz of silver. ;-)

Alan
'LQQK! RARE!!'

First off, my complaint is that Commemorative coins are not legal tender
coins...

Having said that they a

47,955 = 1926 Oregon Trail Memorial

$75.00
50,030 = Cleveland Great Lakes Exposition

$150.00
57,272 = 1997P Botanical Gardens Silver Dollar

$50.00

Nice group of commems if I do say so myself. Congratz on having them in
your collection.

Winde
'going to resist this urge to collect modern commems'
'somehow'

forgot to guess the money before oopsie