Old July 10th 04, 05:58 AM
Ed. Stoebenau

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:33:11 -0400, "Rob" wrote:

Sorry. Thanks for the tip. The pictures can be seen at
http://www.coins.groz.net/ Do I need to post a new message or will folks be
able to follow this thread?

Nice coin, hopefully. However, I am _very_ skeptical of all
spectacular 1964-dated error coins, due to a large number of
counterfeits of these (See, for example, Lonesome John Devine's
_Detecting Counterfeit Coins, Book 1_), including seeing one
recently slabbed (by ANACS, in this case). If I were you, I
would contact Fred Weinberg, as he has a good eye for these
things (www.fredweinberg.com to get his e-mail). I really do
hope it's real though. (And it doesn't have prooflike surfaces,
which is a good thing.)

--
Ed. Stoebenau
a #143