Old November 3rd 04, 05:39 PM
guinness

I have both a bar and a poker table in my gameroom and so I have some
thoughts. The bar is small and gets used infrequently as far as people
sitting at them, but the bar does gets used for putting down food, blenders,
drinks, etc.

So, when I think of having a bar, I don't vision people sitting at it all
the time, but rather its a great place to drop\pickup drinks, have snacks,
with the occassional barfly sitting there. Because the bar has shelving
inside in the back, I can quietly store liquor, paper plates, etc. So its
more than a bar, its also an endtable and cubbard..

tim (NH)

"Keith Stelter" wrote in message
Ok,
For the last 15 years I've had a finished basement PACKED with Pinball
machines, videogames, jukeboxes, skee ball machines, etc.. They are
literally almost touching, and there isn't one square inch of space for
anything else.
We've reached a point where our kids are getting older we don't play the
stuff as much as we used to. We've also realized that having 10 or 12
jukeboxes in a row doesn't really work because kids play them all at the
same time!
Anyway, I'm looking at moving some of my machines out and using that space
for some more practical stuff like a game table for poker, a pit group and
TV, and possibly a bar. My question is do you people who have bars in
their rec rooms actually use them (people sit at them), or are they just a
waste of space that no one uses?
On one hand the idea of having friends sitting at the bar drinking and
bull****ting sounds great. But then again I can see people just walking up
to the bar to get a drink, and then going back to other activities. I
don't foresee having a true bartender on hand other than myself as needed
during a party. Right now I have an old, chest type Coca Cola machine that
I fill with beer and pop during parties, and it's completely self serve.
Opinions?!?!?!?!

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups