Old April 22nd 16, 03:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Default USPS WARNING!!!

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 16:07:55 -0700, "David E. Ross"
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

On 4/21/2016 8:31 AM, Sir F.A. Rien wrote:
For those who do not know;
NEVER EVER SEND REGISTERED to the USPS.
http://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2009/pb22259/html/updt_004.htm

Of FIVE items sent from Europe, all but one were apparently stolen
in the ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 'sorting centre'.

There are other methods, including International Tracked.

Are you sure that information is current? The linked article is seven
years old.

Absolutely, positively certain !!!

IF it were NOT 'current', why would the USPS have it on the site and
refer to it in 'explanation'?

I currently have a sender who, against advice, sent an 1890 postcard
REGISTERED from Germany. It arrived at the NYC ISC facility on 24th
MARCH and hasn't been scanned since.

Same with two others from the UK before I found out about this
alteration [err REDUCTION] in 'service', as well as one from Canada.

On the CANADIAN sending I got a direct response from a USPS
'representative' directing me to the 'regulation'. All that happened
in 2015, other than the current one from Germany.