Old January 17th 04, 06:52 PM
marty

Default trying to identify unique pen / pecil

I have an old (early 1900's ??) pen /pencil. I found it over twenty
years ago and recently have been trying to learn its history.
It is a silver tube about 3/8" wide and 5" long. It has a slide-out
pencil lead (replaceable)and a slide-out ink nib (no bladder, it must
be dipped in inkwell). The shaft is embossed with the days of the week
and a 31 day calander below. By rotating the shaft and lining up the
first day of the month with the appropriate day of the week, it is a
perpetual calender. In addition, it has a swing out stamp pad and ink
pad on the end. It still has the ink pad but has never had
(apparently) a stamp. I think it may have been an advertising item.
Finally, at the very end (top) is a replaceable eraser.
I have looked in tons of books and displays but have never seen
anything remotely like it. I have also tried looking on "the web" to
no avail.If any one who has any information about this rarity, I would
love to hear from you.
My e-mail address is . I could send a picture if
neede and would be willing to sell