Old April 14th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
RF

Default Reddish stains along the upper border of books

On Apr 12, 11:24 pm, "John R. Yamamoto-Wilson"
wrote:
RF wrote:
Since he said the books weren't that old, it would seem that the
cause is more likely fungal than chemical. Just my $.02

True 'nuff. These days paper is pretty much universally acid-free, and
the reactions between ink and paper that used to happen (particularly on
pages facing illustrations) don't generally occur.

If they were my books I separate them from my non-foxed books.