Old March 15th 07, 02:47 PM posted to misc.invest.misc,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money,sci.econ
KnowledgeSeeker

Default Obsolete Currency and Coin (was Least valuable currency)

On Mar 15, 4:25 am, "Sgt.Sausage" wrote:
"KnowledgeSeeker" wrote in message

ups.com...

Where can I find a list of the countries with the least valuable
currency? I am NOT looking for a place to do foreign exchange trading
to create fabulous wealth. So, please do not spam me. I am working
on a project that is, well... not commercial. So, I am looking for an
easy to use source of data. Thanks.

I dunno, but you reminded me of the first time I became
a millionaire. Florence, Italy, 1998 on my honeymoon. Arrived
on the train from Switzerland. We were gonna be in Italy for
the whole week so I needed to dump some dollar denominated traveler's
checks for the local currency (the Lira -- this was pre
Euro).

[SNIP]

Which brings up an interesting question. What happened/happens to the
currency & coin in a country when it converts to the Euro or when
there is a coup (or regime change) or when countries merge or when
countries split into more than one?