Old January 31st 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Shill Bidding on eBay

This inquiry seems to confuse two issues.
#1 = This item. Calvin bid what he thought was a
fair price, and knew was 4 per cent over the reserve
price. He now considers declining to make the purchase.
#2 = Shill bidding.

However deplorable, if either of the other bids here was
from a shill, it could not have bought the item for sale,
because less than the reserve price. Calvin remains
the only bidder over the reserve price.

This means, if Calvin now is reluctant to compete the
purchase, he would need a reason acceptable to eBay.
Is he seeking the reason from RCB users?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

There was no confusion in the inquiry. Even though my maximum bid was
4% over the reserve price, if the shill bidding was not there, my bid
would come in at $121, $1 over the genuine bidding and well under the
reserve price. NO ONE won that item.

I've expected all biddings should be done with honesty. Would you
expect the same in the virtual world ?