Old December 11th 05, 06:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default First-time fountain pen?

Terry McGinty wrote:

I haven't used the Air Corps Blue-Black yet. It is one of the Noodler
line-up and not Swisher's. It is the Swisher's special made faster drying
Noodler made inks that I've had trouble bleeding through on the
moleskines.
I love those inks but with a med. nib they bleed through the other side of
the paper for me. They are fine on other papers and dry faster than the
reg. Noodlers. The Swisher Black is the blackest I've found and the
Antigua
Blue as awesome.

Yes, the Swisher Pens brand of ink was developed primarily for use on pure
cotton and vellum papers and not moleskine. There are some types of paper
that we have found it will dry almost instantly without any bleed through at
all (some of these are listed in the product description on our web site).
I have heard that the regular Noodler's black ink does quite well on the
moleskine but would be interested in knowing if anyone has tried the
Noodler's "Swishmix" inks on this paper (the Nile Ebony has to be about the
blackest fountain pen ink I have ever used). Just curious if by making the
Noodler's waterproof inks dry a little faster they are no longer suitable
for moleskine. Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Chuck Swisher -

Swisher Pens, Inc. -
www.swisherpens.com

Tele: (757) 539-2209, TF: 1-888-340-7367, Fax: (757) 925-2787