Old May 17th 05, 08:56 PM
Anita

On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:32:15 GMT, in (e) wrote:
A good question to ask...when does common sense overcome the common
perception? Of late I've noticed a lot of high grade 1999 Statehood
Quarters appearing in my change. So...five to six years might be a
baseline figure for how long Joe Public is willing to 'sit on his treasure'.

I have experience here, so maybe I can answer: JP will sit on the
treasure until the piggy banks start taking over the house.

Let's see -- cost of piggy bank $20-30. Potential worth of each coin
contained 25 cents -- of course, each has lots and lots of bag marks
from being in the bank.

Four banks -- $100. Coins still worth 25 cents. How many more piggy
banks do I need? Maybe jars.

At this point, the hoarder knows that it is a sickness. It is a hard
habit to break. I still have to fight myself to keep from dropping
that scratched-up brown Virginia quarter into a bank.

Anita