Old July 25th 03, 06:33 PM
MIckey

Thanks for the detailed info Mike. I will check it out tonight and
post back. I don't have the coin with me at this time, but I believe I
was seeing what you are describing here.

In either case, if the edge is markedly thickened, you should see the design
rim (where the metal has flowed into the rim gutter of the die) lying just
inside a false rim that is in actuality a pressure ridge forced up between the
die neck and the collar.

Host: Error Coin Information Exchange (Yahoo:Groups); CONECA #2969.
Opinions expressed here are strictly my own.