Old October 1st 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

Default Got A Counterfeit At The Bank

In , on 09/30/2008
at 06:26 PM, "Jim Menning" said:

Wrong answer. Where does the government say they did this "to improve the
security of the $100" bill?

It took me about 45 seconds of googling to find this:

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2006...-094637-3384r/

"But officials said changed their minds in part so they can respond to a new
scam in which counterfeiters are bleaching the ink off $5 notes and then
printing counterfeit $100 bills on the bleached paper. 'We have to stay
ahead of any threats we see evolving," said Larry Felix, director of the
Bureau of Engraving and Printing'"

Nick