Old October 7th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
ElCheapo

Default Burning Stamp Collection - Proper?

This situation is already very common among many seniors groups.

Time for someone, somehow, to figure a way for seniors to get a fair deal,
rather than having them ripped off by crooked big dealers.

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 02:00:22 -0000, Anonymous , in wrote:

A friend has admitted that in disgust with offers to buy
from so-called reputable dealers, he has now started to
burn his huge collection.

He says that the offers to buy were so insulting,
he feels that by burning his collection, at least
he will be denying the crooks the chance to make
money from him.

Apparently his children have no interest in stamp
collecting, since they are busy with new families.

Like my friend, I also am disgusted with the larger
dealers, and have found no worthwhile charities to
which I would bequeath my collections.

Is burning the only sensible solution?

Comments from all, invited.