Old September 14th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default (RCSD) Curiosity Corner #352. errors. More curiosity.

"Rod" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 14, 9:04 pm, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

BTW, in German, French, Romanian, Russian an angel is a mail, excuse the
foreign stamp collector..., a male.
Victor Manta

Well I looked at my 80 or so collection,
and apart from Romanino's angels, Victor
they all apeared female.
(even Durer's "angel of the apocolypse" on the aust aerogramme)

We shall have to adopt Raphael's muse
http://cjoint.com/data/joqLwMIKcY.htm

Maybe we can agree on this:

"Yes, angels are men and women in the fullest sense who live together as
married couples, each individual being united with the partner God has
prepared for them. Often this is with the one with whom he or she spent
their time on earth. Angels look handsome or beautiful, having grown ever
more youthful in appearance from the time they arrive in the after-life; the
men strong but tender, the women beautiful and kind, and each radiating love
to all."

http://www.spiritualwisdom.org.uk/angel-gender.htm

As for the "Raphael's muse" above, these angels are already fallen ;-)

Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/