Old June 4th 04, 03:10 AM
William M. Klimon

Default Peculiar dust jackets, part 17

For my wife, who is interested in such things, tonight I picked up a copy of
Jeffrey Steingarten's *The Man Who Ate Everything and Other Gastronomic
Feats, Disputes, and Pleasurable Pursuits* (Knopf, 1998). The jacket is
entirely taken up with a hugely enlarged picture of a piece of bread, the
spine corresponding to the crust, and in the middle of the spine of the
jacket there is a big faux bite mark, extending into the front and back
covers and revealing the title goldstamped on the spine of the book. An
amusing, if fragile, wrapper.

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com