Old March 6th 09, 01:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Long-term storage of ballpoints

"Jimmy" wrote in message
"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
"Bluesea" writes:

I can't think of anything for your Mont Blanc at this time. Because the
refills are proprietary and the pen's too nice to take to the field, your
options are limited.

I wonder what kind of field work we are talking about? I have to admit
to living dangerously with my MontBlanc. It's just that I like writing
with it so much that I prefer to take it out to the "field" (which is
just my University and in a backpack). Ironically, the one time I did
damage it wasn't because of the field work, but because I left it in my
pocket once and it went through the dryer. That wasn't a pretty thing to
see, though most of the pen was just fine.

Ouch! Did it cost a fortune to get it fixed up?

By "field", I just mean using it outside. I carry my favourite Sailor fp
everywhere in my shirt pocket, but if I want to write myself a reminder in
the street, or write on public transport (for example), I use the
ballpoint. It's more practical, and it will probably survive being
dropped.

Thanks for the clarification.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.