Old March 6th 09, 01:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Long-term storage of ballpoints

"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
"Bluesea" writes:
"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
I have to admit to living dangerously with my MontBlanc. It's just
that I like writing with it so much that I prefer to take it out to
the "field" (which is just my University and in a backpack).

Sorry, IMO, school is too civilized to qualify as "the field." More dirt,
rocks, rough terrain and the possibility of walking in mud past your
ankles
or thigh-high grass would qualify.

Yeah, I would tend to agree with you there, which is why I wondered
what kind of environment would be too dangerous for use of a pen?

I don't think it's so much "a pen" as much as it's a MB, being expensive and
with a reputation of relative fragility.

Ironically, the one time I did damage it wasn't because of the field
work, but because I left it in my pocket once and it went through the
dryer. That wasn't a pretty thing to see, though most of the pen was
just fine.

OUCH! How did your clothes come out? Blue?

Um, I wasn't looking at the clothes, I can tell you that. The pen's
resin was fine, as were all the actions, but the nib had melted into
what looked like the wicked witch's shoes. Not pretty, and not cheap to
fix either.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought your clothing "wasn't a pretty sight to
see" and that your pen suffered little. Glad you were able to get it
repaired even though it cost.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.