Old March 4th 09, 10:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

Default Long-term storage of ballpoints

"Bluesea" writes:
"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
I have to admit to living dangerously with my MontBlanc. It's just
that I like writing with it so much that I prefer to take it out to
the "field" (which is just my University and in a backpack).

Sorry, IMO, school is too civilized to qualify as "the field." More dirt,
rocks, rough terrain and the possibility of walking in mud past your ankles
or thigh-high grass would qualify.

Yeah, I would tend to agree with you there, which is why I wondered
what kind of environment would be too dangerous for use of a pen?

Ironically, the one time I did damage it wasn't because of the field
work, but because I left it in my pocket once and it went through the
dryer. That wasn't a pretty thing to see, though most of the pen was
just fine.

OUCH! How did your clothes come out? Blue?

Um, I wasn't looking at the clothes, I can tell you that. The pen's
resin was fine, as were all the actions, but the nib had melted into
what looked like the wicked witch's shoes. Not pretty, and not cheap to
fix either.
--
Aaron W. Hsu | http://www.sacrideo.us
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to