Old December 9th 05, 03:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Waterman Carene leaks around nib

Howdy, folks. I tried to post this to an earlier thread mentioning a
leaky Carene nib, but the thread had no "reply" function. It must have
been too old. So here goes ...

I have a Waterman Carene that leaks ink around the base of the nib, so
much so that I cannot write with it without getting ink all over my
fingers. I have fairly small hands, so I wonder if it's my fault for,
er, "choking up" on the pen too much.

My question is, is this a known issue with the Carene, and might it be
repaired? Or is it just my issue since I have such small hands? I
don't want to go to the trouble to send it back to Waterman just to
find out it's my own problem.

Thanks for your advice.
_halsted._