Old September 12th 11, 03:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
J[_2_]

Default A Fine Weekend at Library Book Sales

On Sep 11, 4:33*pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:

You remind me of something I read a few years back about the
rare book library at the University of Toronto. *They had a
collection of the works of Margaret Atwood, the Toronto
novelist. *They boasted the completeness of their
collection, including a copy of every one of her works in
translation! *Now that is something that the average person
is not going to be able to achieve.

I read no language but English, but I still have a few foreign
language editions of authors I like and collect. Part of Dick Francis'
novel TRIAL RUN is set in Moscow, so I have a copy in Russian, and I
have some Nero Wolfe mysteries by Rex Stout in every language I could
get my hands on (German, Finnish, Italian, Czech, Swedish, Portuguese,
and Russian--so far, I've never seen one in French in hardcover).