Old February 24th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Sometimes I just have to shake my head

"JHL" wrote in message
i was once told i could not insure a package because it had value, and
therefore what would happen if they (the po) lost it?

Yeah, a couple of years back there was such a buzz going around among the
USPS, based on something a functionary in St. Louis included in a newsletter
to window clerks. I finally managed to steer the clerks in my town to the
truth, but just a couple months ago I tried to send a coin by insured mail
from a neighboring town, and the clerk gave me quite the ration until I
insisted that it was OK.

James