Old February 21st 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave[_8_]

Default Sometimes I just have to shake my head

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
I have commented on this phenomenon before, as it applied to coin shipments
that have gone astray on their way to me. I received a letter (not
coin-related, thank goodness!), originally sent from a post office 15 miles
away, on 10-17-07, but which arrived only today, stamped with an explanation
in bright red of where it has been all this time:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...sedlyEmpty.jpg

I'm trying to understand how this can happen, but fail every time I try.
This was not mailed in an outdoor mailbox, or even in a slot somewhere, but
carried to the post office in a company's mail crate. Doesn't anyone ever
look at this "equipment" to verify that it is indeed empty? I mean, for a
period of over four months it escaped detection?

James

or that stamp was the closest one at hand and had nothing to do with the
real cause

How about:

"Mail found on supposedly clean floor"

/dave a