Old March 4th 05, 06:56 PM

In article .com,
() wrote:

*From:*

*Date:* 28 Feb 2005 19:20:49 -0800

Alfred,

Thanks for the reply.
From what you say I gather that a Book Club Edition is not the same as

a "normal" edition based on collectability?
I would like to ask the reason for this.

Basically, a book club edition isn't collectible in the way a first
edition is simply because it /isn't/ the true first edition, even though
it may look very similar to the first. Also, there may have been a lot
more copies of the book club edn. printed.

For reading copies (ie non-collectibles) I don't see any reason why a book
club copy should be less desirable than a mainstream publisher's reprint,
although for some reason a lot of booksellers are still prejudiced against
them.