Old October 30th 03, 07:40 PM
Tom Baker

(c3dy8911r) wrote in message . com...
Hello All,
I inherited two large stamp albums (cardboard pages, mostly no plastic
covers) with stamps from various countries, most of which are 40-100
years old.

Do you suggest I remove the stamps from their original books (many are
simple attached with stamp hinges) and put them in newer albums, or
should I leave them alone?

Please let me know what you think. Thanks for your input.

c3dy8911r

There is something to be said for newer storage technology.
More attention is being paid now to archival quality materials.
Lift a couple of different stamps and look for differences in the
color of the page beneith.
If there is yellowing, you may want to think about moving the stamps.
At the same time, if you don't have an interest and don't care to
learn how to handle the stamps, it would be better to leave them as is
or give them to a competent collector to move.
Please note that it is paramount to find a trustworthy person to do
this.

Tom Baker
Charleston SC