Old July 19th 03, 08:22 PM
Paul

This struck a funny note with me....

Over the past year or so, when someone at work does something wrong, I pull
out my trusty saying (like my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Morehouse, who was
ancient back then - 1959), and I say: "this is going to go on your PERMENANT
record". For some reason, I just love saying it, but now I realize they
probably don't have any ideas of what that phrase really means... (since
they are too young to understand).

With age comes wisdom (I think?).

=Paul
Esterbrook-lover

"Tetractys" wrote in message
newsFcSa.83299$OZ2.15164@rwcrnsc54...
Nancy Handy wrote:
john cline ii remembered well his fifth grade teacher saying:

"Serious people use dark blue or black ink on good
quality UNLINED paper.

I remember our class being assured that the infamous
"permanent records" were written in indelible "black
or blue-black" ink. For some reason, I associated these
colors with bruises.

Your fifth grade teacher is long deceased ....

Unless, of course, she underwent a series of transfusions
in Argentina, in which case ....