Old October 5th 03, 05:01 AM
KLR

On 4 Oct 2003 18:16:01 -0700, (Tony P) wrote:

I'm usually pretty good on these..have fixed tons and parted out
tons...

I bought 3 rowe hideaways today, and 12 WRE wallboxes. Two are all the
R-85-88 style computers...teh other one is the smaller r89-92
computer. I can get everything to work in the one older style hideaway
when hooked up to a wallbox, but the turntable will not start. Tried
all three mechs, no good. I'm having a real hard time believing that
all three TT motors are bad.

Ideas? What's the voltage of that motor? AC or DC? Checking with meter
in play mode is next.

Lots of good parts here too if anyone needs them before they hit ebay.
Everything seems to be working...except for these damn TT motors!
Tony

the motors run on 24vac via a triac in the mech control board

if the "TT Motor" LED is on on the mech control board - then check the
triac - the opto coupler and associated components. as the fault WILL
be in the mech control - or power not getting to it

if not then check the connectors from this board back to the CCC.
Pins often fail in the plugs. Also check the soldring on the male
pins on the headers on all the boards.

Also dont forget to check the power supply for blown fuse/CB (24vac)
or dry joints/bad connections.