Old December 15th 04, 05:14 PM
Bill Sharpe

wrote in message
ups.com...
In another reply, there is mention of Scott putting the catalogs on DVD
and thus reducing the number of CD's to one. Truthfully, I do not think
that will ever happen, Scott likes to make money. The ideal situation
will be Scott breaking the catalogs into geographic areas, as Stanley
Gibbons, Yvert and others do. I have contacted Scott about doing this
and their statement is that there are too many World-Wide collectors
and dealers that need the full set. I think it is a ridiculous reason.
If broken into areas you still have the option to buy a full set. I am
sure that the catalogs will eventually go to 7 volumes instead of the 6
now published. Regarding color, I believe I read somewhere that the
2006 catalogs will be in color.

---------
Once more collectors own DVD readers rather than CD readers Scott will
gladly add DVD's to the electronic catalogs and make even more money.

Bill