Old December 27th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.collecting.coins,rec.games.chess.computer
Doug Andrews

Default Fred Reinfeld (1910-1964)

Perhaps the greatest contribution to collecting ever made by Fred
Reinfeld was the popularization of world numismatics among Americans.
He wrote about a subject that suffered from a lack of public awareness
in the US. Ironically, before the annual appearance of the Krause-
Mishler opus, "Standard Catalog of World Coins," many young
numismatists thought the twelve coins illustrated in Reinfeld's book
on French coins, or the 15 on Germany comprised the entire series!

Yet, credit where credit is due, he was a pioneer in introducing many
people to the diversity and bredth of "world collecting." His
"Catalogue of the World's Most Popular Coins" was and is a milestone
achievement.

On Dec 25, 1:43*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Dec 25, 12:27*am, samsloan wrote: Fred Reinfeld (1910-1964)

Fred Reinfeld was one of the most prolific authors ever. In fact,
Reinfeld may even be the most prolific author of any kind in the
entire history of the world.

I have revised and re-written this sentence. I have found out that
Barbara Cartland (1901-2000) wrote 723 novels. Almost all of them were
romance novels. I saw an interview of her just before she died and she
said, "At the end of my books, the virgin always marries the Duke."

Other candidates for the most prolific author of all time are Isaac
Asimov and Georges Simenon.

However, they all wrote novels. Fred Reinfeld never wrote a novel. He
only wrote non-fiction.

Therefore, I have revised my sentence to read:

"Fred Reinfeld was one of the most prolific authors ever. Reinfeld may
even be the most prolific author of non-fiction books in the entire
history of the world."

Sam Sloan