Old December 16th 05, 01:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Default Does anybody know the size of 10 rubel Germany 1916 Apr.17 note Pick R124

Hi,
I am collecting banknotes, mostly Eastern Europe, and there is one
question I 'm getting conflicting ansvers. The size of banknotes. I'm
mostly interested in UNC. Seems that nobody cares about the size as
much as about a light corner folds, light stains, etc. Sizes are not
mentioned in the cataloges that I know. But I just can't sleep well if
I have any doubts that my note has been cropped. Sometimes presence of
2 corners being in a better shape than the other two gives me a
suspicion, but without knowing a proper size for particular banknote
it's imposible to verify that.
What is you guys experience and attitude towards verifying the size of
newly accuired notes?
Recently I bought Germany 1916 Occupied Theritories PR124 10 rubel
note. The size of it is 100mm x 159mm. Isn't it supposed to be 100x160?
Is discrepancy of 1 mm a sign of cropping, or just a cutting variety? I
have tried to solve the question by calculating proportions of availale
pictures on the web, but that did not help much. Maybe you guys will?
Regards, Ramas