Old May 25th 20, 06:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default HF100R grill cloth install

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 9:28:36 AM UTC-4, Terry S wrote:
I've had this box apart for several years, finally getting around to finishing it. Any tips on installing the grill cloth?

I have the bottom strip with the little barbs, I imagine those are intended to grab the cloth.

Just finished all the laminate work, starting re-assembly of all the exterior parts.

When I got this box there was no cloth, no strip, no waterfalls, no glass, no glass frames, etc... so this is all new to me.

I've used wall paper paste. Apply - thinly - to the cabinet. Not too thick. Lay the cloth on top and press down. You might want to put a staple here and there to keep it tight. Don't worry if the paste oozes through the cloth.. Just wipe it off with a damp rag. The nice thing about the paste is that it's water based. Best to try on a sample first.

Any help, pics, tips appreciated. No idea how this goes together.

I have some other mysteries too, will follow up.

Terry