Old August 27th 04, 01:23 PM
PHILLIP COYLE

There is another thing about slabbed coins. Make sure that it is one of the
well known ones and not some off the wall type. I got taken that way some
time ago by not asking enough questions about who graded it. It was listed
as an MS-65 and what I got is one that I would have a hard time calling an
AU. Sure the guy said that he would take it back but I would then be out
almost 20.00 for the lost shipping. It was a no win deal and I am very shy
of slabbed coins that are not from one of the top 3 slabbers. I now keep it
as a reminder of earlier years of collecting.

"JSTONE9352" wrote in message
The 1892-S
is listed at $225,000 in MS-66. Yikes!

The price of a decent house in the