Old August 26th 04, 11:26 PM
Phil DeMayo

(Jim Wild) wrote:

I understand now, how these Morgans are a coveted collection. I have an
interest in starting a collection of these in the future. However some
of these dates are just unreal. I was wondering why I could not find a
place that actually has 1892-1895 for sale. Well, no wonder! I went to
the PCGS price list to have a look at some of these things. The 1892-S
is listed at $225,000 in MS-66. Yikes! The 1895-P has a mintage of
12,880 according to the red book. The 1895-P is not even listed in PCGS.
Does that coin actually exist?

It's a proof only issue...scroll down the PCGS price guide to proofs.

I do want a small collection of these beautiful coins. They are $22.00
or so for UNC 'P' mints in Coin World.

If you are referring to those big mail order advertisers in CoinWord be very
carefull. Many of those low priced coins advertised are not really uncirculated
and will be a disappointment. You should be able to get many date and mintmark
pieces in the Morgan dollar set that are truly uncirculated, in grades around
MS-63, for under $40.

If you are uncertain about your grading skills you should stick to slabbed
coins from the major grading companies until you learn what a true uncirculated
coin looks like.

Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits