Old June 29th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default A copy.

note.boy wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have one in my collection to compare this one to but,
it looks like a cast copy to me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SYRACUSE-SILVE...mZ260001457039

His other "rare" coins look odd also, are they just all low grade examples
and not copies? Billy

It certainly looks like a poor cast, but possibly could be a genuine
coin porous from hornsilver removal. However, I would be inclined to
avoid it. The Roman sestertii are a little suspect too, with curious
patinas.

Having said this, it may well be that this seller is honest but is
unable to distinguish genuine from fake coins. Or they may be genuine
after all. He seems to have a number of authentic bronze coins from
Syracuse.

Bob Leonard