Old November 26th 08, 10:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default USPS Commemorative Stamp Yearbooks - Collectible value?

On Nov 25, 10:39*pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
On Nov 25, 7:43*pm, wrote:

I've got every one of the subject set going back to 1971. *Not really
in this for the money, but in checking on E-bay I found most of the
books going for less than cost.

So...as a ignorant as I readily admit I am regarding *philately, I
would like to pose this question: *Would the philatelic value If there
is such) *of these *books be more or less if the stamps and mountings
were left in the original envelope, vs mounting them, as I have done
with all previous years? *

TIA, Jim

The ones I have seen sold are sealed.
Most are sold at face or less.

Blair

I was given a box full of different year books with no stamps. I
considered buying the stamps and filling the books,nah, costs too
much.
INMHO, If one can get face value for them sell, quick and consider
yourself lucky.

Ralphael, the OLD one